Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

The Promise of God Concerning Death and Enemies

-------------------------------The Bible Promise Book
-------------------------------------Death, Enemies
----------------------------------Barbour Publishing 1990


Today's study is on God's Promises concerning Death and Enemies. Somewhat similar topics, for as we shall read, the lord of Death is opposed to our Lord who is Life Eternal. One other aspect we find in this study is that while our attitudes then our behaviours are improved by faith in Lord Jesus the Messiah, which trust then aligns us with the Holy Spirit, it is that trust that leads to obedience, which then describes as well as any our salvation, and not that obedience has earned our salvation. So on toward Death...

----------------------------------------Death


Psalm 23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup Runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

1 Corinthians 15:55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Proverbs 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Hebrews 2:14-15 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

John 8:51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

Psalm 48:14 For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.

Psalm 49:15 But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah.

Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.

Hosea 13:14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


We begin to understand that there are two deaths, one the flesh and blood kind which prepares us to enter eternity and the other an eternal judgement which we as adopted brothers to Jesus our Saviour, will be priveledged to miss by the forgiveness of God. Remember that adoption is something the adoptive parent does for the adopted child, basically al the child does is accept his/her new condition.


Why do we doubt, why are we unaware of this Grace which God offers us 'Just as We Are?'


-----------------------------------Enemies


The most injurious enemies are often as not found within, rather than without. Nevertheless, God has provided us with very real defenses against our enemies without, as well as those within, by providing us with the outline and structure of human checks and balances--the Church and that fellowship and worship it represents. This not to refute howver the very real defenses such as Elisha describes as having the benefit of against Assyria. So God protects us against mean people, mean spirits and our mean selves.


Psalm 37:40 And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them: he shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in him.

Isaiah 62:8 The Lord hath sworn by his right hand, and by the arm of his strength, Surely I will no more give thy corn to be meat for thine enemies; and the sons of the stranger shall not drink thy wine, for the which thou hast laboured:

Deuteronomy 28:7 The Lord shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

Deuteronomy 20:4 For the Lord your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

Exodus 15:6 Thy right hand, O Lord, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O Lord, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Psalm 60:12 Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies.

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Psalm 118:7 The Lord taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me.

Luke 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

Psalm 125:3 For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.

Psalm 27:5-6 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

Proverbs 16:7 When a man's ways please the Lord, he maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him.

Psalm 112:8 His heart is established, he shall not be afraid, until he see his desire upon his enemies.

Luke 18:7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

Isaiah 54:15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.

Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the Lord, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.

Jeremiah 39:17-18 But I will deliver thee in that day, saith the Lord: and thou shalt not be given into the hand of the men of whom thou art afraid. For I will surely deliver thee, and thou shalt not fall by the sword, but thy life shall be for a prey unto thee: because thou hast put thy trust in me, saith the Lord.

2 Kings 17:39 But the Lord your God ye shall fear; and he shall deliver you out of the hand of all your enemies.


2 Kings 6:16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

Proverbs 3:25-26 Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.

Isaiah 41:11-12 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish. Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.

Luke 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

Acts 18:10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

Hebrews 13:5-6 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.


As was alluded to or even mentioned earlier, all we are expected to do to receive this protection from the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, and God of Gods, Who is Creative, and offers us Grace, is submit to His simple law of Love, and in doing that we will be given to the Hope of Love, Peace, Joy, Kindness, Goodness, Gentleness, Patience, Faithfulness, and Self Control. What better protection than this?

No comments: