Search This Blog

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Names of Sufficiency-Elohi Tsuri

Names of Sufficiency
Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
2Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:
Go Ali The Lord My Redeemer
Elohi Tsuri My God My Rock
Yahweh Raah The Lord My Shepherd
Yahweh Chelqi The Lord My Portion
I. Elohi Tsuri God My Rock Sur(Hebrew) means immovable foundation,
2 Samuel 22:2-3 And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: He is my shield, and the Horn Of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
A. Pharos One of seven wonders of the Ancient World
1. Located in Alexandria Egypt
2. Built in 300 BC
3. 40 stories tall on top of red granite and lead-no top soil
4. Stood for 2 millenia
B. Old Testament encourages us to depend on God for our strength
1. Psalm 18:31 For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God?
2. Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
C. Jesus encouraged us to be obedient by promising eternal life based on a firm foundation Luke 6:47-49 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.
II. Rock of Safety-David describes God
A. Psalms 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings..

B. Psalms 18:2 The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower
C. Psalms 61:2-3 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.
D. Psalms 71:3 Be thou my strong habitation, whereunto I may continually resort: thou hast given commandment to save me; for thou art my rock and my fortress.
E. Isaiah 26:4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:
F. Psalms 62:6-8 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
III. Rock of my Heart
A. Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
B. Psalm 62:1-2 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
C. Isaiah 26:4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

God's Word to us is like the peace of a rock, His Love for us is like the strength of a rock, His Protection is like the sharp face of a rock, His Will for us is as sure as a rock, His Promise is like the endurance of a rock. Come to God and He will give you peace! Come to God and you will be enthused! Come to God and your enemies will fall away in fear! Come to God and He will guide your way! Come to God and you will never be dissappointed!

God is our Rock of Salvation.

No comments: