Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

El Simchat Gili

__________________________Names of Sufficiency*
Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
2Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all __________sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:


___________________________Go Ali--The Lord My Redeemer
___________________________Elohi Tsuri--My God My Rock
___________________________Yahweh Raah--The Lord My Shepherd
___________________________Yahweh Chelqi--The Lord My Portion
___________________________El Simchat Gili--God My Exceeding Joy



We have seen that God is God, He is Good, our Creator, Judge, Awesome, Friend, Sufficient.

In this sufficiency that is God then we find ourselves in simchat gili or exceeding joy. That is God’s final name in this study, and it is a good one to finish with.

El Simchat Gili-God My Exceeding Joy 1 Peter 1:8-9 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

___I. Le Joie de Vivre
_______A. That special anniversary
_______B. A special gift
_______C. A special trip to a special place
_______D. A child’s delight over some simple honest pleasure
_______E. Traveling to be with someone who is a long way off

__II. God is the source of all joy
______A. Ps 68:3 But let the righteous be glad; let them
________rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.

______B. Ps 16:8-11 I have set the Lord always before me:
________because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore
________my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest
________in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt
________thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me
________the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right
________hand there are pleasures for evermore.

______C.Ps 36:8-9 They shall be abundantly satisfied with
________the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the
________river of thy pleasures. For with thee is the fountain of life:
________in thy light shall we see light.


_III. The Serious business of Heaven
______A. What is joy-feeling which accompanies the acquisition or
________expectation of something good
_________1. Gladness
_________2. Pleasure
_________3. Delight
_________4. Satisfaction
_________5. Happiness
______B. The greater the good the greater the joy–value based decisions
______C. If we focus on God and His goodness then we begin to understand
________joy.
__________1. Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love,
____________joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

__________2. Matt 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done,
____________thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a
____________few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter
____________thou into the joy of thy lord.

__________3.__Joyful joyful, we adore Thee
_______________God of Glory, God of Light
__________Hearts unfold like Flowers before thee,
________________opening to the sun above.
Henry van Dyke 1907
__IV. The Desire of My Heart
_______A. Ps 84:2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the
_________courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the
_________living God.

_______B. John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that
_________my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

_______C. John 17:13 And now come I to thee; and these things
_________I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in
_________themselves.

_______D. John 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I
_________will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no
_________man taketh from you.

_______E. Ps 4:7 Thou hast put gladness in my heart, more than
_________in the time that their corn and their wine increased.

_______F. Isaiah 35:10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall
_________return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon
_________their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and
_________sighing shall flee away.


Isaiah 26:8 Yea, in the way of thy judgments, O Lord, have we waited for thee; the desire of our soul Is to thy name, and to the remembrance of thee.

_________My Brother
_________My Salvation
_________My Family
_________My Education
_________My Church
_________My Friends
_________My Wife
_________My Ministry

*from Mary Kassian Knowing God By Name 2008 Lifeway Press

No comments: