Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

avoidance of corruption

When flailing at windmills sometimes the bigger wind is needed. In response to a post at Good Dr and my friend Rick Davis' aintsobad:

Well

1 Tim 6:10. ...the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

so it is the love of money which corrupts
and as for power

Revelation 19:15 ...out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

God is all powerful
yet

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

God is uncorrupted and incorruptible
but

Romans7:7-8. What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

so

Romans 7:11-12...sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. 12. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.

for

Romans 7:16. If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Then

Romans 24. O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25. I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

therefore

John 3:3 ...Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

So that

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

but we know

John 3:19 ...this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

notwithstanding

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

and again

Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

It seems all is lost except Jesus saves. So then we should be guarded in the appllication of our gift of generosity so that God's purposes be edified.

No comments: